The abstract submission period for the 2020 Preparedness Summit, Fixing Our Fault Lines: Addressing Systemic Vulnerabilities, is OPEN through September 17, 2019 (11:59pm PT). This year’s Summit Planning Committee invites public health, healthcare, disaster relief, emergency management, and other professionals nationwide to showcase and share their research findings, best practice training models, tools, or other resources that advance the field of public health and healthcare preparedness and response. The committee is especially interested in sessions that are evidence-based; highlight programs or model practices that have proven effective in building and sustaining public health and healthcare preparedness at the local, state, tribal, or national level; and demonstrate tools and resources that are replicable and scalable at the local, state, tribal, or national level.
As you prepare to submit your abstract, use the below guidance.
Please note that we are unable to offer travel reimbursements for speakers/presenters.
- Read the abstract requirements before completing your abstract. All abstracts must be submitted no later than September 17, 2019 (11:59pm ET).
- The application you are about to complete is separated into multiple sections including submission information, session contact information, moderator information, and speaker information. If you are serving in more than one role, you will be required to enter your information in multiple areas. This is to ensure that we are able to identify leads in all areas for the abstracts.
- Required fields are indicated throughout the application. Failure to provide required information will disqualify your abstract.
- You may save your abstract submission as you go along, however you must complete all of the sections in their entirety to complete your final submission. After clicking ”Submit Application,” you will be taken to a page thanking you for your application. You should also receive a confirmation email shortly after submitting your application. If you receive no confirmation of submission, please contact Maeve Carey at email@example.com to ensure we have received your abstract submission.
- Summit Planning Committee members will review all abstracts and final selections will be made by the Summit Chair. Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent to the Abstract Submitter by close of business on December 9, 2019.