Health & Safety
The health and safety of participants is our highest priority.
We are committed to providing the safest in-person environment and experience. For the protection of the health and safety of all attendees, the Preparedness Summit will require all participants (attendees, exhibitors, speakers, and staff) to be fully vaccinated to participate in this event. Full vaccination is defined as two shots of the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine and one shot of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine (or a comparably approved vaccine if you are an international attendee) on or before March 21, 2022.
Additionally, we strongly encourage all attendees, exhibitors, speakers, and staff to obtain vaccine booster doses in compliance with CDC guidance. These health and safety requirements have been established with due consideration for prevailing public health practices and group convening standards. We will continue to follow the science and monitor federal, state, and local guidelines and adjust our policies as needed to ensure a safe and comfortable meeting.
Facial mask wearing is required for all indoor activities at the 2022 Preparedness Summit. We will also provide appropriate physical distancing in meeting rooms and hand sanitizer throughout the meeting space.
If you are feeling ill, please follow this procedure:
Please do not attend any conference sessions. Visit Hanover B, where the Fulton County Health Department team will be able to check your temperature and test you for COVID-19. If you test positive, please go directly to your hotel room and inform us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respect your privacy, but knowing of any infections that occur during or immediately after the conference helps us protect everyone. Please also begin isolation following CDC guidance as follows:
- Remain in your hotel room for five days. Please contact your employer/organization regarding the additional expenses associated with your extended hotel stay and travel changes.
- If you have no symptoms or your symptoms are resolving after five days, you may leave the hotel and travel back home.
- Continue to wear a mask around others for five additional days upon returning home.
- If you have a fever, continue to remain in the hotel until your fever resolves.
If You Were Exposed to Someone with COVID-19
If you have been boosted or completed the primary series of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine within the last six months or completed the primary series of J&J vaccine within the last two months, CDC guidance states:
- Wear a mask around others for ten days.
- Test on day five, if possible.
If you develop symptoms while at the conference, please visit Hanover B where the Fulton County Health Department team will be able to check your temperature and test you for COVID-19. If you test positive, please follow the guidance above.
We’ve partnered with VeriFLY, a secure travel and event app that allows you to upload your COVID-19 vaccination record documents and have them checked and verified before you attend. Please refer to the below instructions on completing this process.
How does VeriFLY work?
- Simply download the VeriFLY app from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
- Register with VeriFLY, which will require taking a selfie and confirming your email address.
- Now that you are registered in the app, you will need to access a unique “pass” designed for the 2022 Preparedness Summit. In the VeriFLY app, tap “Scan VeriFLY Code” to scan this QR code.
- If you have difficulty scanning the QR code, click: https://api.myverifly.com/code/61f5fed9-5138-41ba-977f-45246db9f8ad
- VeriFLY will then guide you through the event requirements.
- Upload the required vaccination record card(s) and VeriFLY will check them and confirm if they are valid. When your document(s) have been verified, the app will display that you have a valid pass for the event.
- You can show that pass at the conference check-in.
Please note: If you choose not to use VeriFLY, you will be required to show your paper documents on the days of the event, and they will be verified for you at the registration/check-in desk. This may take longer. It will be your responsibility to ensure you bring the required compliant documentation.
The online VeriFLY Help Center (https://support.myverifly.com/) has many useful articles and tips for using VeriFLY. If you require any further assistance, you can submit a support request through the app or in the VeriFLY Help Center.
We are looking forward to a safe and engaging conference. Please email email@example.com with any questions.